As the season begins to change and temperatures slowly cool down, Halcyon invites families to fall into autumn with a lengthy lineup of family- and dog-friendly events. From September through November, the mixed-use village will host ongoing outdoor entertainment and activities for guests of all ages to enjoy, ranging from Yappy Hour, Halcyon’s first ever Oktoberfest celebration, Halloween activities and more.
The year’s lineup of fall events includes the following:
- Sunday Funday: No Sunday scaries here! Join Halcyon for Sunday Funday, happening weekly from Sept. 12 to Nov. 14, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Guests are invited to enjoy live music, get crafty with Board & Brush, take photos with Halcyon’s signature fall decorations, create a flower bouquet from Adalyn’s flower cart and more. Sunday Fundays are pet-friendly, so bring your furry friends along for the fun. (Please note on Sunday, Sept. 26, Halcyon will celebrate Doodle Dog Day in lieu of Sunday Funday). For more information, visit the Facebook event page here.
- CT Mexican Independence Day: Celebremos! On Sept. 16, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., celebrate Mexico’s independence day at Halcyon. This outdoor event will be hosted by CT Cantina Taqueria where guests can enjoy live music, The Black Amigo DJ, street tacos, games, giveaways, margaritas and more.
- Oktoberfest: Prost! On Sept. 18, throw on your dirndls or lederhosen and help us celebrate the traditional commencement date of Oktoberfest. Presented by Mercedes-Benz Experience Center by RBM of Alpharetta, there will be something for everyone to enjoy. The day begins with a Concours d’Elegance Classic Mercedes Car Show from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Then, sit picnic style and indulge on pretzels, brats and more traditional German dishes while listening to a live polka band. Guests are also encouraged to participate in relays, games, giveaways, a costume contest and more. Even the pups have something to celebrate, with free beer paws courtesy of Unexpected Pooch. The fun continues from 6p.m. to 9 p.m. at Cherry Street Brewpub during its second anniversary celebration. For more information, visit the Facebook event page here.
- Doodle Dog Day: On Sept. 26, grab your furry friends and head to Halcyon for the biggest dog PAW-ty of the year! Originating from the popular online pet boutique Ripley & Rue in 2017, Doodle Dog Day celebrates doodles and dogs of all sizes and breeds. Guests and pups are invited to enjoy an afternoon of dog-loving fun and free activities with a Pooch Parade, free samples and treats courtesy of Unexpected Pooch, puppuccinos at Kilwins and Land of a 1000 Hills, bacon-flavored bubbles in the Green sponsored by Dogtopia or create dog-themed crafts with Board & Brush for an additional fee. Guests can also meet adoptable pups from Furkids Animal Rescue and Shelter. Upon arrival, check in at the Halcyon tent located in the Village Green and enjoy complimentary dog swag. For more information, visit the Facebook event page here.
- Witches Night Out: It’s time to eat, drink and be scary! For the next Ladies Night Out, grab all your favorite witches, put on your best costume and join Halcyon for a night full of hocus pocus. On Oct. 14 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., enjoy a DJ and games in the Green, a costume contest with prizes for best group and individual costumes, Halloween-themed cocktails at Halcyon's bars and restaurants, special offers and discounts at Halcyon's retailers and much more. All proceeds go to The Place of Forsyth, which helps to provide Forsyth County residents in need of the necessary daily essentials and assistance.
- Butcher & Brew Beer Fest: On Oct. 23, join Butcher & Brew for live music and drink samples from various guest breweries. More details to come.
- Cherry Street Boos and Brews Beer Mile: On Oct. 30, kick off Halloween with a spook-tacular Beer Mile hosted by Cherry Street Brewpub and Shred 415 of Alpharetta. Show off your best costume as you try a new brew sample, or apple juice for the kiddos, at the end of each lap and a large finisher pour at the finish line. This year’s wicked beer mile will include three waves of runners. Children are eligible to run for free with adults during the 10 a.m. wave. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place male and female finishers from each wave. This event is capped at 300 participants and those who take advantage of early packet pickup will enjoy 20% off food when they stay and eat at Cherry Street Brewpub that same day. For more information and to register for the race, visit the event page here.
- Halloween at Halcyon: It’s the most spooktacular day of the year! On Oct. 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m, trick or treat through Halcyon, benefitting a local organization. Enjoy crafts, a petting zoo from North Georgia Zoo, entertainment and more.
- Halcyon Hoedown: Pull out your flannel and your cowboy boots for Halcyon’s first hoedown! This country-themed night will include a live DJ, line dancing, drink specials, games and more.
- Small Business Saturday: Show your support for Halcyon’s independent and neighborhood-owned restaurants and boutiques by shopping local on Small Business Saturday, Nov. 27. For a full list of Halcyon’s retailers and hours of operations, visit www.visithalcyon.com.
- Chanukah at Halcyon: On Nov. 28, the community is invited to join as Halcyon lights the first candle on the menorah to begin celebrating the first night of the eight-day Jewish holiday. Enjoy latkes, donuts, coffee, kids’ entertainment, singing and more.
In addition to new events, Halcyon will continue to host its beloved ongoing event series this fall, including:
- Halcyon Farmers Market: Held every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. through December, the Halcyon Farmers Market brings together more than 30 local vendors, offering a variety of fresh produce, flowers, homemade jams, breads and much more. The free event is held rain or shine in the event lot behind Cherry Street Brewpub and Land of A Thousand Hills. For updates about each week’s list of vendors, visit the Facebook event page here.
- Groovin’ on the Green: Grab a spot on the Village Green or bring your own chair and enjoy live music from local artists every Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. With the development’s open container policy, guests can grab a beverage to sip on during the free concert and indulge in a meal from the Market Hall or on one of the dog-friendly patios (no coolers or outside food or beverages are permitted). Outdoor games are also available.
- Yappy Hour: Tuesday nights are happening at Halcyon! In tandem with the Halcyon Farmers Market and Groovin’ on the Green, Halcyon hosts Yappy Hour every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Village Green. While four-legged friends are always welcome at Halcyon, this weekly doggy meet-up also features adoptable dogs from FurKids Animal Rescue and Shelters. Pick up refreshing treats from Unexpected Pooch and free Halcyon dog swag (while supplies last). Cherry Street Brewpub also offers a dog menu. For more information, visit the Facebook event page here. Lastly, just in time for the final dog days of summer, Halcyon is thrilled to welcome Dogtopia, a full-service dog daycare with boarding and spa services located across Ronald Reagan Boulevard from the retail village and next to the Big Creek Greenway trailhead. Visitors, residents and employees can drop their pets off for daycare or a spa service while they shop, dine, work or play. For more information or reservations, visit the Dogtopia Alpharetta at Halcyon webpage here.
- Family Dance Party: On the first Friday of each month, bring the family to Halcyon and join us for our newest tradition, Family Dance Parties. From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m, a DJ will play family-friendly dance tunes outside on the Village Green, while guests enjoy games and giveaways. This is the perfect opportunity to show off those dance moves you’ve been practicing!
- Goat and Farm Animal Yoga: Llamaste! Get your zen on with Goat Yoga on the Green on Saturday, Sept. 4 and Oct. 2 and Farm Animal Yoga on Saturday, Sept. 11 and Oct. 16 at 9 a.m.and 10 a.m. Yoga instructors lead participants through an Ashtanga-based Vinyasa class as baby goats or other farm animals from North Georgia Zoo roam the Village Green. Guests are asked to dress comfortably and bring their own mats and water bottles. The classes are appropriate for all levels, ages 10 and older. Tickets are $35 per person and pre-registration is required, as space is limited. To purchase tickets, visit the event page here.
While visiting Halcyon, all guests are encouraged to act in the best interest of their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of the community. No outside food and drink or coolers are allowed. Free parking is available in Halcyon’s parking deck, and neighbors are also encouraged to visit Halcyon by bike, rideshare app, or on foot via the Big Creek Greenway.
For additional information about Halcyon and upcoming events, visit www.visithalcyon.com or follow @VisitHalcyon on Instagram and Facebook.
Halcyon, the Big Creek Greenway-connected mixed-use village in Forsyth County, Georgia, is a social destination where guests from across metro Atlanta come together to shop, dine, relax and connect with each other and their natural surroundings. With access to more than 50 acres of preserved greenspace and an impressive lineup of national brands and locally owned restaurants and retailers, the $370-million, 135-acre community seamlessly weaves together nature, design, and leisure into one place. RocaPoint Partners and New York-based The Georgetown Company comprise the development team. Retail landlord representation is provided by JLL. Office landlord representation is provided by Newmark. Experience the excitement of the village by following us on Facebook and Instagram.
Like this article? Macaroni Kid Alpharetta-Roswell-Milton is full of local information like this PLUS find great family-friendly events on our event calendar.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter to receive updates on all of the BEST events & activities for families in the Alpharetta, Roswell and Milton areas!